Iconic Houses Online Event 2021
We’ve put together the finishing touches to the programme for this year’s online Iconic Houses Event to replace the Conference that was scheduled in Rotterdam for 2020. The online program will bring you insights into Dutch residential architecture of the 20th century and will strengthen the network of museum professionals who run modern house museums.
*The programme of five live streamed modules can be joined by both house museum professionals and architecture lovers from September 2021 onwards. Early Bird registration is open until 31 July.*
The entire lineup of live stream lectures and thematic videos that feauture in total the twenty modern house museums in The Netherlands that are active in the network, will be brought to you in five online modules. Curious about the program? Check out our line-up of international speakers here below.
Pioneers of the Dutch Modern House
The online event consists of five modules to go live on the Thursday's 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 September. We will explore 20th-century Dutch architecture from the Amsterdam School to Post-Modernism, visiting twenty wonderful homes by Gerrit Rietveld, J.J.P. Oud, Brinkman & Van der Vlugt, and many others, not only in Utrecht, Rotterdam and Amsterdam, but spread all over the Netherlands, including Drahcten, Groningen, Delft and Schaik. Several of these are examples of social housing – an area in which the Netherlands is particularly rich. Themes addressed in the live streamed lectures and video series, which feautures the twenty modern house museums in The Netherlands, will include:
- Hygiene and Health in the Modern Home
- Palaces for the People
- A Woman’s Place: Clients, Architects, Promoters
- Experiments with Space
- Home as Self-Portrait: Architect's Houses
- 2 September, 2021: Hygiene and Health in the Modern Home - Beatriz Colomina
- 9 September, 2021: Palaces for the People - Valentijn Carbo
- 16 September, 2021: A Woman’s Place: Clients, Architects, Promoters - Alice T. Friedman
- 23 September, 2021: Experiments with Space - Anita Blom
- 30 September, 2021: Home as Self-Portrait: Architect's Houses - Gennaro Postiglione